In the “About Us” section of our website, there is a brief history of how our company came to be. It also includes a bit of my personal history stating how I “bumped into real estate” on my way to the University of Minnesota on an icy winter morning a long time ago (1962). With the mentoring of my “then” broker, Jerry Smedberg, I got my start in real estate. My resume lists a few of the “steps” along the way. And here it is, nearly forty five years later! I have learned MUCH about real estate, the boards, and systems, and about running companies, and profits and losses, and listing and selling. However, my real story is about people. All kinds of people who have “crossed paths”with me along the way.
I learned a long time ago, the pride that comes with hard work and effort. I remember someone telling me once that real estate is one occupation that you only get paid what you’re worth. And I still agree with that. No sitting back and waiting for the rewards to come by and by. It’s all about the equal amount of work to the equal amount of reward. And that isn’t only necessarily in dollars, but in the friendships that come along the way.
During the years of hard work, there have been MANY rewards. One of the greatest of them is the good name that goes along with The Gallery of Homes. Today we are reaping the blessings of the fine reputation we worked hard to earn. It is my personal intent to continue that good name by holding myself and our company to a higher standard of professionalism. We will continue to work with a spirit of excellence. We hold high our mission statement of working with honesty, experience and results. And we remember that all our work is really unto the Lord.
My new partner, Dan Pflugshaupt “crossed paths” with me a few years ago, when he, as a young man wanted to get a start in real estate. I am pleased to say that he is one of those rare, ambitious, young men who is willing to “go the extra mile” in order to accomplish his goals. I am pleased that I now have the opportunity to share the excitement of building our company together.My wife, Pam reminds me that we need to celebrate often. And we do. We celebrate little things and big things. Champagne on a snow bank watching the sunset? Why not? Or out enjoying a summer afternoon
on Woman Lake? Why not? She is not fussy! She is my number one supporter! There is one other lady in my life. It is my Pink Lady. I have been working on her for about 20 years now. It is my 57 Olds 88 Convertible. Yes—it’s pink. And it’s totally stock. I have come to know the
auto junk yards in all the states around Minnesota. It has become (in my mind) a beauty! I love trying to make her “purr” and showing her off! She has been the greatest “stress reliever” during hard real estate times. I can thankfully say that this project will never be totally complete!
With those little reflections, I also reflect on the designations I have achieved in the real estate industry: GRI (Graduate of the REALTORS® Institute), IFA (Independent Fee Appraiser), CRB (Certified Real Estate Broker), and now with pride, I feel accomplished to add the REALTOR® EMERITUS designa-
tion to my title.
Which brings me to today. I am very pleased to be listing and selling real estate in northern Minnesota, from Brainerd to Walker! Pam and I love being a part of the community, and living on beautiful Woman Lake. Our office in Longville (It is the best location at the “T” – the finest building in town. Just look for the red roof.) allows us to give premium service to all our buyers and sellers! I would love to reconnect with clients and friends from the Twin Cities or from northern Minnesota from my real estate practice over the last 45 years! Or, if I don’t know you yet, stop in for a visit when you are in the area (coffee on me) or call anytime!
- Serving clients with honesty,
- integrity and competence.
- Real Estate Sales
- Real Estate Developer
- Entered real estate in 2003 with Kruger Gallery of Homes
- Top listing agent (Kruger Gallery of Homes-Longville) 2004, 2005
- Top selling agent (Kruger Gallery of Homes-Longville) 2004, 2005
- Rookie of the Year (Kruger Gallery of Homes) 2004
- Associated with Coldwell Banker First Minnesota March 2006
- Established â€œThe Gallery of Homes, LLCâ€�, 2006
- REALTORÂ® – Member of the National Association of REALTORS
- GRI – Graduate of REALTORS Institute
- e-PRO – Certified by National Association of REALTORS
- Member of National Association of REALTORS (NAR)
- Member of Greater Lakes Association of REALTORS (GLAR)
- Internet Marketing Land Use Regulations
- Code of Ethics Training Graduate University Wisconsin-Stout
- Professional Standards
- Born 1972, Married 1996, 2 Children, Member of The
- Lighthouse Eve. Free Church, Church Treasurer,
- FOCAS (Fellowship Of Christian Anglers Society),
- General Manager of LeAnn Chin
- Hunting, Fishing, Boating, Camping,
- Berry Picking, Mushroom Hunting,